Giving to Missions or Missionaries through Faith Bible Church
Missions giving at Faith Bible Church (FBC) is specifically designed to encourage personal relationships between FBC members and the supported missionaries. Missions giving is based almost entirely on individual donor designations. When you give to missions at FBC, you do so with a specific designation to a person, couple, or ministry (previously approved by the missions committee). We encourage you, as a donor, to partner with missionaries and ministries by regularly praying for and regularly giving to the missionaries and ministries.
Below are a few items any donor to missionaries or missions should understand.
Missionaries commissioned by FBC
- Inform the missionary of your intent to support them through prayer & financially (amount and how often)
- Designate the missionary when you set up online giving (select their fund) or physically give to FBC (note on the envelope / check). Also designate the amount.
- Based on the stated giving plan (provided by the missionary to FBC), the church will send the missionary the monthly amount. Any giving above the stated plan is retained by FBC until needed or requested by the missionary.
- Periodically, FBC sends a list of who gave (and the amount) to each missionary or mission requesting that information
Missions or missionaries not specifically commissioned by FBC
- The mission / missionary must be approved by FBC
- Designate the mission / missionary when you set up online giving (select their fund) or physically give to FBC (note on the envelope / check). Also designate the amount.
- Regularly, FBC’s mission treasurer will send the accumulated donations to the mission / missionary
- Periodically, FBC sends a list of who gave (and the amount) to each mission / missionary requesting that information
Gifts to FBC’s missions general fund are retained until a specific need is presented and approved by FBC’s mission committee
If you would like to learn more about missions at FBC, contact Pastor Levi.